Modern

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Over the Knee Boots: Hooker or Haute?

When I heard over-the-knee boots were going to be a trend for Fall, I wasn't too surprised. What more could they do to sexify the knee-high's of last year? I just wondered who would really go for this trend. Sure, Charlize Theron can throw on 3 ft of leather gloriousness and look classy. But, can the mom at the mall pull it off, or me for that matter? I can't help cringing, thinking about the looks of disapproval I would get if I showed up somewhere in these bad boys.

Is that going to stop me?? I think not :)

You can find less extreme versions from Joie, Steve Madden & Guess. I'll be putting these on my Christmas list.


Photo: Imaxtree; Courtesy of Elle.com

Givenchy, spring 2009

7 comments:

  1. I am loving the Guess version, and the Steve Maddens, too, espesh for you. Fun AND functional! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to wear those boots but my legs are soooooooo short. Any recos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have great legs so I think you can definitely pull these off. Just go with some that aren't so super high. Like just barely over the knee. Steve Madden has a lot of cute ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang girl, those Contente Loubs are FEROSH. The $1,995 price tag? Not so ferosh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya, I dunno... I was trying out my "fashion" talk. Not so much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm personally a big fan of future-bol.blogspot blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete