Modern

Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Hot" Couture

I have a feeling this could end up coming off as one of the shallowest in what is sure to be a long list of shallow posts, but hear me out...

A couple weeks ago, I came home from the gym and Drew took a long look at me and said he was going to take me shopping to buy new workout attire.  What?!  This is from the same husband who's life goal is to ensure my adherence to my monthly allowance.  I was shocked.  Did it really matter that much that I dressed like an 11 year old boy to go workout??

There are two things in life that I refuse to spend money on...sleepwear and workout clothes.  Will I spend an obscene amount of money on a classic handbag that I will surely carry for the rest of my life, uhhh yeah!  But the thought of shelling out $55 for a pair of workout pants seemed ludicrous!  This is why I have PJ cami's and sports bra's, literally, from ELEMENTARY school.  Truth.  And I still wear them.

       BEFORE
But I was presented with an opportunity to shop with non-allowance money, who was I to pass this up!?   I kept it simple, 2 bottoms and 3 tops.  My favorite item being these Nike cropped pants ...great for Spin.

(yes, that is a hole on my boob...and yes, I wore them holes, stains and all)





                                                                         AFTER


I know some people may find this ridiculous (hello...I was one of them!).  But I have to say, my first day back to the gym with my new gear...I was excited about it!  I mean, everything is better with a cute outfit (not to mention dri-fit and better support for the bubbies)!  I am a big proponent of the "look good, feel good" philosophy.  I even tried a new class at the gym called Zumba that I had been too intimidated to try.  So, silly as it may sound, if you're looking for a little push, a little incentive, go get some "Hot" Couture!  :)

For bargains, check out TJ Maxx & Ross!

4 comments:

  1. I was going to say, I hope you went to TJ MAXX for this! They have all kinds of name brand work-out gear discounted. ahhhhhh hahaha i like the new outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think she went to TJ MAXX for this though! :-) She just threw that in for the poor folk like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously need to follow suit here!! I work out in Carlsbad, and stick out like a sore thumb! I dress like a middle aged woman to work out... I dress like *gasp* my MOM! Yep. I have her Relay for Life t-shirt on right now, along with unflattering teal blue shorts.

    Everyone else on the beach looks hawt when working out, I think I need an upgraded workout wardrobe myself now!

    ReplyDelete